Collaborative Wave - Encouraging Group Work with Fixed Seating
Featuring a pod of contoured seats set around a unique curved desk, the Wave allows learners to seamlessly participate in tutor-to-student and student-to-student collaborative learning experiences through its innovative design.
Based on the principles of office chairs, each ergonomic mesh-backed seat moves away from the writing surface and rotate independently on a high-strength steel arm - as well as auto-parking when unoccupied.
While the curvature of the desk creates a larger working surface (+300mm) than traditional configurations and ensures adequate room for maximum productivity.
Ferco's expert designers recognise that the ability to collaborate has emerged as a critical skill for today's students.
- Supports active, project-based learning
- Allows large single-use spaces to be transformed into versatile multiple-use spaces
- Pod-based seating system promotes flexibility for study groups and meetings
- Allows for maximisation of the physical space within a lecture theatre
- Curved desk creates a larger than average working surface
- Contoured seat backs provide lumbar support and promote correct seating position
- Optimises student engagement and facilitates a wide range of teaching styles